All-American Egg Bake
Summer is coming which means sunny days for friends and brunch! This past Easter was just such an occasion. This egg bake was wonderfully simple to quickly pull together for group and like my Bacon Veggie Egg Bake, it freezes well for a quick breakfast during the week. Enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 8 servings):
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 8 ounces of white mushrooms
- 12 eggs
- 16 ounces of diced, cooked ham
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp. salt (plus more to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- 20 ounces refrigerated hash browns (or frozen hash browns thawed to room temperature)
- Optional garnish: hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice onion and saute in olive oil with mushrooms until soft – about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix eggs, milk, and cheese in a large mixing bowl. Whisk thoroughly with a fork to break all yolks and continue whisking until uniform.
- Add in ham, spices, and mushrooms. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread hash browns evenly into the bottom of a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Pour in mixture over the hash browns.
- Bake 30 minutes or until egg is set (you should be able to draw a knife out without any liquid egg clinging it to it). Look at that golden eggy goodness!
Slice up and serve. Drizzle with hot sauce (I prefer Franks Red Hot Sauce) if desired to provide an extra flavor kick. Happy brunching! What do you like to enjoy at brunch?