Oreo Cheesecake Bars
My coworker had the excellent idea of having a potluck at work this month to get us out of our midwest winter blues. Everyone brought in delicious dishes from home and having it on a Wednesday was a great way to break up the humdrum of the week. I brought in my mango salsa (found here Mango Salsa) and Oreo cheesecake bars! They were a huge hit and now it’s time to share them with you! Enjoy but beware – these are dangerously delicious!
- One box of 30 Oreos
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 bricks of cream cheese – softened (I use reduced fat to keep the bars from getting too heavy – yes there is such a thing as cheesecake bars that are too heavy!)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place 15 Oreos in a large Ziploc bag and break them up. Place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Microwave butter for about 30 seconds or until melted. Mix in with the Oreos. Press the mixture into the bottom of a glass baking dish. Make sure you spread them evenly and firmly to form your base. This part gets your hands messy – enjoy it!
- Rinse bowl and place the softened cream cheese in the bowl. Add in sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- One at a time, add each egg and beat until smooth before adding the next one. (This helps keep your batter smooth!) Crumble another 8 Oreos and gently stir them into the batter.
- Pour your mixture over the Oreo crust (I dare you to try to not lick any of the batter – it’s delicious!). Break up your last 7 Oreos and sprinkle the pieces on top. Place in the oven and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until center has set.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled – for best results refrigerate overnight. Cut into bars, serve, and enjoy! And just like a regular Oreo, these go great with a glass of milk. How do you enjoy your cheesecake?