Slow Cooker Taco Chicken
Ah tacos. So wonderful. So delicious. So not good for the budget if you’re always ordering them as take out! (Guilty as charged) So how do we save some dollars? We make our own tacos! And it all starts with the meat. This is an easy recipe for taco style chicken inspired by a coworker but with a few of my own kicks. If you don’t have time to make my Mexican spice blend you can use a packet of taco seasoning. Toss it in the slow cooker and let it come together on its own!
- About 1 1/2 pounds of chicken (breasts or tenders)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Mexican spice blend
- One jar of black bean corn salsa
- 7 ounce can diced green chiles
- 2 jalapeños – diced
- Place the chicken in your slow cooker. Season on all sides with spice blend.
- Add in salsa and mix in thoroughly.
- Add in chiles and jalapeños. Mix thoroughly.
- Cook on high for three to four hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return to slow cooker and mix thoroughly.
Serve on a salad, in a taco, or as a burrito! How do you enjoy it?