Lemon Raspberry Bars
The holiday party season is upon us! Office parties, Christmas parties, New Years parties – you name it and it’s on the calendar! And with that comes the question of what to prepare. Well, here’s an easy recipe that was a big win at my office party. I changed up a classic recipe with raspberries to help cut the tartness of the lemons without going overboard on the sugar or cutting taste – and make them pretty on a party plate too! Enjoy!
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 eggs at room temperature (I can’t tell you why but it really does make a difference!)
- 2 cups of sugar
- Zest from four lemons
- Juice from four lemons (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup flour
- 6 oz. raspberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the butter and sugar with a mixer in a large bowl. Add in flour and salt until evenly mixed.
- Press the mixture into a baking pan evenly. Bake for 15 minutes and remove. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix together your eggs and sugar. Zest your four lemons and add this to the bowl. Squeeze out the juice into a measuring cup. If you can’t get a full cup (not all lemons are equal!) feel free to top off with prepared lemon juice. Mix together. Add 1 cup of flour and mix together until uniform.
- Poor over your baked crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place raspberries in a bowl and add sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes and then mash together with a fork. After removing the lemon bars from the oven, press the raspberry mixture into the lemon bars. Let cool and cut into bars (or triangles or circle or snowflakes – whatever you like!).
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours) and serve!