Pineapple Pork Stir Fry
So what do you do when you have an extra can of pineapple and an afternoon of free time? Throw it in a skillet with some other fresh ingredients and see what comes out! That’s where this stir fry recipe comes from. Lots of prep needed in the chopping department but all prepared in one large skillet for easy cooking and clean up! Full of fresh vegetables and delicious pork, this meal is delicious served with rice or great by itself as a low carb option. Enjoy!
Ingredients: (makes about 7 servings)
- 1.5 lb pork tenderloin (after the fat is trimmed off), chopped
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 2 cups of baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 28 oz. pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Scallions for garnish
- Add chopped pork tenderloin to a large skillet with 3 tbsp. vegetable oil. Cook until no longer pink – about five minutes each side.
- Add in sliced onion and peppers and cook while stirring for about five minutes. Add carrots and broccoli and cook until softened, about ten minutes.
- Add in soy sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in brown sugar and pineapple. Mix thoroughly for two minutes while adding cornstarch in 1 tsp. increments until you reach the desired consistency.
This makes about 7 hearty servings and it freezes very well.
I enjoyed it over rice with chopped scallions. How did you enjoy it?