Thanks to a lovely trip blueberry picking with my cousins, I have more blueberries than I know what to do with! So I decided to give a blueberry vinaigrette a whirl and (if I do say so myself) – it turned out delicious! Enjoy and let me know what you like to put in your homemade dressings!
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp. sugar, divided
- Salt to taste (as in my raspberry vinaigrette, I recommend beginning with 1/2 tsp. and adding 1/4 tsp. at a time until you are satisfied)
- Mix blueberries and 2 tbsp. of sugar in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes until the mixture becomes juicy. It’s like a sparkly bowl of fruity goodness…
- Mash berries with fork to soak up sugary goodness and create a more liquid consistency. (Note: I enjoy a dressing that still has fruity chunks in it. If you want it smoother, feel free to liquify the blueberries and sugar with a hand mixer at this stage.)
- Pour into a mixing cup and add all remaining ingredients. Stir together thoroughly before tasting. If desired, add more salt. Transfer to a jar or other sealable container and enjoy!
And if I may recommend, enjoy this dressing with my Berry Walnut Salad!