Berry Walnut Salad
Time for another goodness filled salad to fit your budget! Recently I was out with my cousins picking blueberries…and we went a little overboard! So after freezing a pound, (and snacking on a pound on the plane ride back to the twin cities!), I wanted to experiment with a blueberry vinaigrette – which means I needed a salad to go with it!
So here’s a salad filled with summer berries, rotisserie chicken, and a few extras. And of course, it pairs wonderfully well with my blueberry vinaigrette! Link here: Blueberry Vinaigrette
Ingredients (makes 4 hearty servings!):
- 1 rotisserie chicken (in case you haven’t noticed – I am a huge fan of rotisserie chickens and the time and money they save)
- 1 bunch of arugula and 1 bunch of spinach mixed
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 6 oz. blackberries
- 1 cucumber
- 2 fuji apples
- 4 oz. gorgonzola cheese
- 4 oz. chopped walnuts
- Chop cucumber and strawberries and add cucumber, strawberries, and blackberries to your spinach/arugula mix.
- Chop apples. If you’re making this to serve immediately, add apples. If you’re making this to eat throughout the week (as I do!), put in a large plastic bag and keep in the fridge. This keeps the apples from getting soft while still giving you the time saving of having chopped apples.
- Shred rotisserie chicken. Add shredded chicken, walnut pieces, and gorgonzola cheese.
- Before serving, add chopped apples and blueberry vinaigrette. Enjoy!