Veggie Tuna Salad
If you’ve seen any of my other posts, you know I’m a huge fan of all seasonings, all the time – but not with this recipe! This Veggie Tuna Salad is the type of classic recipe that has such great natural flavors, you don’t need to add a seasoning to enjoy it. Now, if you want to go wild and add some cumin and paprika to give it a kick or some salt and basil to give it a classic Italian profile – feel free! I love this recipe because it’s easy to pull together, a great summer no-cook meal plan, and most importantly it’s unbelievably cheap! It makes two hearty salad servings or four sandwiches filled with protein and vegetables. Enjoy!
Ingredients (for 2 salad servings or 4 sandwiches):
- Two cans of tuna (drained!)
- 3 tbsp. of mayo
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/3 red onion
- 1/4 bunch green onions
- One head of lettuce for salad base or sandwich filling
- Drain your tuna and mix together tuna and mayo.
- Chop your cucumber, red pepper, red onion, and green onion and add them to the tuna/mayo mixture.
- Mix it all together thoroughly and serve as desired!
Again this recipe is excellent on a bed of lettuce as a salad or on a sandwich with a slice of provolone or mozzarella. Enjoy and feel free to share your variations in the comments below!