Salads and dressing go together – no arguments here! But I struggle with some of the dressing I see on the shelf at the store. We often see extremely high sodium, sugar, and (of course!) calories. It takes more effort to make your own dressing, but it pays dividends and gives you much more freedom to customize your dressing to better match your personal flavor profile along with the flavor profile of whatever salad you’re serving.
- 6 oz. raspberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste – I recommend starting with 1/2 tsp. and increasing by 1/4 tsp. until you are satisfied with your flavor profile
- Mix raspberries and sugar in a bowl thoroughly and allow to sit until the mixture starts to become juicy – about 10 minutes. How beautiful is this image?
- Mash the berries using a fork (you can try your hands but most of the raspberry goodness ends up stuck to your fingers instead of in the dressing!) until liquefied.
- Poor the berry mixture into a jar with a lid, Tupperware, or other sealable container.
- Add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt.
- Cover your container and shake thoroughly until dressing is completely mixed.
- Store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat!
As a suggestion try pairing this with my Summer Berry, Chicken, and Avocado Salad. What other salad dressing recipes do you want to see here?