Baked Tuna Pasta
So it’s a Friday in Lent and you’re looking for something a little better than fried fish and chips (as delicious as that is!) or you want a baked pasta recipe that won’t ruin your week but still has a flavor profile? Bringing in baked tuna pasta! The tuna gives you a protein boost with just enough mayo to make it a comfort dish. Toss in some veggies and seasonings and you’re ready for dinner.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 oz. can of tuna (don’t drain it! The liquid will keep the dish from drying out in the oven)
- 8 oz. of pasta (I love using rotini or penne in a baked pasta dish)
- 15 oz can of sweet corn (drained)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of grated parmesan combined
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil and cook onion and garlic until soft. Turn off heat and add tuna. Bash it up to mix it up!
- Meanwhile cook pasta al dente and drain.
- Mix pasta into tuna mix and add mayo and drained can of sweet corn.
- Spread pasta mixture out evenly in casserole dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes.